24 July 2015


Packing all the stuff at Dian's place preparing for a 3 week long vacation heading to all kinds of places with out first destination being Dubai! Dian wanted to see the city of famous riches. The city Dubai in the middle of the desert united arabic emirates.
Linear time line we grabbed our bags and went walking for 20 - 40 minutes. we barely catched the train at Veenendaal centrum.
The bags weire inmensely heavy. 23.6 kg. Next we waited at the airport and dropped the bags at the custom area.
we grabbed some macdonalds food. this was because Dian and I weire hungry in a bite.
After eating 2/3rd of macdonalds food we went to boarding. a room with a few rows of seats and long conveyer belts come to my mind.
15 min of walking to actually get to the gate , flying with the aircompany Emirates.

My experience in flying in economy class has been a pleasant one just sitting in a chair relaxing with movies in front of you.
You get food and get treated by the waitresses after 6 hours of listening to movies or just looking at the 3 outside camera's of the airplane.


The plane landed. we arrived around 0:30 local time in Dubai. After that we took a taxi to the hotel. This is one of my first experiences with taxis, keep polite and just let the driver drive.
everything in Dubai was airconditioned , its only when you are standing outside you are like being hit by a wave of heat in your face. After 5 minutes you are sweating to death.
The desert has led me to a new experience of inmense heat and wanting to go back to that once ventilated room. Still I feel like Dubai is the money rich region which is existing because of the oil.
In the morning we had breakfast at our hotel place. The breakfast was different as I was used to.
More different kind of fruits and no bread. After eating citrus fruit and some naan like bread and hot potato like mash we went out in the city. Hit by the heat again. Our first mission was to get water.
After that we went on the metro and we tried to get day passes. And we tried to get to the mosque but the time was to late and we took a buss to internet city. and we got to a market called someting Souk and we took pictures of a famous landmark in the sea.
This has costed us around 3 hours. We ate some ice cream coffee at a local market. And after we went back with the buss on the metro to go to Marinat shopping mall to visit and see.

We took the metro to checkout the Tram line sight seeing all the tall buildings in Dubai. After the cruising we went to the Dubai Museum to checkout all the localities.
After visiting the museum and being approached to buy fake rolexes from a local person we went to the Dubai Mall the mall Itself is one of the greatest Malls I have ever visited.
A sight spectacular as seen before. 3 -4 floors of hundreds of different shops, larger as any I can imagine.

We went shopping there for 3-4 hours until around 22:30 we saw the Dubai fountain show outside, it was inmense to watch. A spectaculair of water.
Dian got hungry, and we took a small snack to go with us. After that we had to rush to grab the last metro's because after 0:00 the metro's are almost all stopped.
We arrived at the hotel around 0:10 and grabbed our suitcase which has stowed there. After that we ran back and had to rebuy a ticket for the last metro to the airport.
Dian and I had luck to catch one of the last metro's leaving for the Airport. the other Metro line had completely stopped already.

After we arrived at 0:37 at the aiport and we had just enough money and time to be within the 24 hour limit.
our big suitcase was back! remembring it was heavy I didnt like the suitcase at all.

We ate the meal consisting of small wraps (2x) and some fries on our seats and I toke pictures of some ranom arabic people, because we don't see the white arabic clothes that often.
After the meal we tried to checkin and dump our luggage, we weire lucky because we had a free upgrade! Lady asked our class and we weire like we are economy class, and upgraded us in Business class!
I asked where I could post some stamp cards, and she said there is a post office at gate C16 which was 20 minutes walking from where we are , and if you had enough time you should do it.

So on top of all the walking that day we walked all the way to gate C16. Dian looked for some Coach bags for a friend but couldnt find the similar one.
After walking back and hopping on the elevator we got to our gates by means of Airport tram. On the A gates, also a new shoppin mall appeared in front of our eyes.
I was amazed by the amount of shopping malls in the world at this point. Dian wanted to look for cosmetics and I hopped with tired as I was. Nothing else to do afterall.

After 20 minutes and Dian deciding to get a Eye Brow thing (Not eyeliner) no idea what the difference is. Our gate was announced to be opening.
This was a happy moment because I was tired and excited. So happy also because we could sit in our chairs at a bussines class seat! So luxe.

The plane took off and Dian got some hot milk , we had a onboard flight meal (simple) one and went to sleep. I wanted to watch Deus Machina and Chappy.
Also I took a picture of the himalaya as we flew next to it. Sooo big an inmense the mountains are soo long and the experience was inmense.
Dian needed the sleep more so I didnt wake her. After that I fell asleep for maybe a hour . Actually sleeping on a flying plane is pretty hard.


We landed in China and take the airport tram to the terminal, the suitcase has been opened to check what is inside. The 6 dutch beers I toke from Netherlands seemed to be still intact. Good packaging and allot of bubble wrap.
Dian grabbed a Simcard for china (1 month deal) which seemed pretty cheap. 8 euro and cancel at any given time. After that we went to the Hotel by Metro which took us
around a hour. going from 40 - 30 degrees made a big difference. As in how long you can walk outside. Bejing is really big and having travelled that far.
I feel like we had almost meals for every 5 hours, but thats the life of a planetraveller.

Losing the grip of what is the current time and my own internal clock I have the feeling I should adaptas quickly as possible to the new change of the timezone. We dropped our luggage and slept for around 2 -3 hours at the hotel.
After we slept Dian was hungry I didnt notice at first but was also pretty hungry so on to our first snack, meal. We ordered some dumplings and some vegetables. Only 5 euro what is in netherlands 20 - 60 euro!
This must be what china is all about the food and all the different kinds of it. I have the feeling after eating and seeing all the things here I won't be the same again (in a good way).
We walked for 20 - 40 minutes around the streets of Bejing to visit a local area. We saw so many street performers and allot of Karaoke singers who sang at the bars.

Dian got tired and me aswell so we went to the hotel back, walkin again across all the local teabars shops and all the different kind of little shops towarts the hotel.
At night around 20:00 and later it seemed to be a great temperature to live in Bejing , it feels like a summer day in the netherlands.

Categorie: Echte leven Meegemaakt.
Mood: Happy ^_^
Listening to: -